Religion

These Simple, Actionable Ways Will Change Your Perspective Into a More Positive One

By on
Here Are Simple, Actionable Ways to Change Your Perspective Into a More Positive One
PHOTOGRAPH: Fernando Brasil/Unsplash |

At times, there is only one thing separating you from the person you want to become. Our perspective, the simple way we look at things can hugely alter well-being. Fortunately, there are really simple, actionable ways to have a more positive outlook in life each day.

According to the life coach Dani Johnson, she believes there are two kinds of people in this world. The majority of the population, about 98 percent, will live their life at the age of 65 being dependent on other people while the remaining 2 percent will be independent and financially secure.

Our Perspective in Life is On Us

Two persons coming from each group could exactly be the same – they might have the same educational background, job, income – but one could be suffering while the other living in bliss. Why? Because of their different outlooks on life.

Life is not easy peasy. Ups and downs could fill our day and it is easy to be overwhelmed with everything that life has thrown our way. Some people could not see past the hurdles as they just accept they are a failure or not good enough and conclude that, really, life is just not fair.

Meanwhile, other people choose to elevate themselves above the problem they are facing. These people find a solution and move forward because they understand that mistakes and failures are part of life. But one thing about these hurdles is that we can always get back up from them as long we decide to.

Simple Habits to Have A Positive Outlook

It is never too late to change your perspective in life. While it will not change overnight, having the conviction to finally live a more optimistic life is the first step. It is a process and there are simple ways we can do to cultivate in ourselves how to be a more positive person.

First of all, being a morning person could bring a lot of wonderful changes. Not only could you be more productive, but you could also have a kickstart on setting the tone of your mood for the rest of your day. To take a step further, you can even insert a healthy habit to your morning routine like walking and journaling.

When things are rough, disconnect from all the noises. Give yourself a break even if that is only 15 to 20 minutes. And do not forget to treat yourself for the efforts that you have given and your achievements worth celebrating.

Splurging a little for yourself could improve your mood because you will have something to look forward to after a hectic time. It does not even have to be extravagant; just something that could make yourself feel good.

Most importantly, remember to count your blessings and be grateful for each of them. A person could have everything and not be contented because they miss appreciating the value of what they have. If you are one with the Lord, everything will follow.

At the end of the day, the decision is always upon us and not anyone else. A simple goal living with a positive perspective could bring us a better satisfaction on our wellbeing longterm.

Wanna share your personal testimony? Email the editor

Comments

About the author

To Top